Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Salete' Les Genoux (Dirty Knees)

My spirit an open road tamed by none.

Freely the winds whisk me where they will
and at night their voices sing so shrill

The ground and the trees are the only thing that draw me close as there is freedom in their branches waving in the perfect dance.

The skies and her sweet smell,
are damp with dew from her hearts deep well

The tree roots wonder where they must but constantly are on the lookout for water to nourish their soul

My face is wet from Mother Nature’s droplets of love
as the floodgates open from the heavens above

I am free and not fettered with my vagabond heart as I want to know the every caress of life’s independence

Those who smell my earthy cologne 
are jealous as the dirt is my home

I have reached the pinnacle of life’s true pleasures
to look up and see breathless beauty unmeasured.

It is then I can finally breathe and my knees can become dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment