Thursday, January 5, 2017

From Chaos to Coffee Break

In my robe and my hair a mess
whoa wait a minute there a period should rest

The phone is ringing but it must wait
cuz on Facebook a comment of hate

Delete that post unfriend that human
my twitter is tweeting and my cookies got cumin

My hand over here and foot over there
give me a minute while I pull out my hair

Just one second as I stand in awe
words for a poem to be birthed from my craw

I need to sit and the house can wait
Is that FedEx or UPS at the gate?

Just leave it there I will get it later
Wait where's the dog? Oh geez it's a gator!

Good golly oh my where is my pie?
Did I leave it in the dryer and set it on high?

Now my clothes smell like apple, my new fragrance is Fuji
my cell may die and it only has 2G

Voicemail is full and my sink piled high
uh oh a new prompt has just caught my eye

Never enough time to sit and ponder
a writer's life is to sit and wonder

The chaos of life has taken its toll
reflections of life written on a tp roll

No matter where and no matter when
always taking a paper and pen

Pieces to create and words to explore
dang it what now, a knock at the door

Um, we found your dog and brought him home
Keep him here, don't let him roam!

Oh my goodness yet another mistake!?
my life as a writer from chaos to coffee break
_________________

No comments:

Post a Comment