Thursday, January 12, 2017

Forced Flight

I am old, I have wrinkles, and my body has changed through the ages
But as I sit here my inner soul is on fire and rages

An injustice has occurred in this beloved country of mine
My life no longer is in the hands of Thine

Oh God why are they trying to play Your part
Injecting needles of death since my body is falling apart

All say that I am of no use to any,
Though I fought for the lives and the freedoms of so many

I have lived through wars, dictators, and depressions
I have survived cancer, homelessness, addictions, and oppression

I have been down roads the devil wouldn’t go
And met Jesus in the alley as my body grew so cold

His Light came in and filled my soul, His warmth touched my heart and His love began to unfold

No votes, no congress, no president, no committee,
Can dictate anything from me but a lot of pity

If they pass this dreaded thing,
I will one day lay on a table as the needle they bring

Flashes of my life, my loved ones, and the service to my country will play
A slideshow of memories that have been etched never to fade away

My eyes will grow weary and my heart will slow down, the pearly gates await along with my heavenly crown

As my body shuts down and my final breath is taken, my last utterance will be “Lord forgive them, and help this nation”.
___________________________________________________

This was written on behalf of those who may be too weak to speak for themselves. I pray that everyone will be able to get this around and impact the world with this type of injustice to our elderly. There are so many things we can learn from them if we will only take the time. No one deserves to have their life snuffed out due to sickness, disease, or age. It only takes one for change.  God help us all!
James 1:27 NIV
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Authored by Georgieanna J. Harp, December 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment