Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Lifesongs From the Well




Imps and minions call me from the deep
I toss and I turn as they interrupt somber sleep

All things dreary whether parties or pomp
Temptations from men who in the hay want to romp

My life dull and full of black and white seconds
No color no joy as taking His yoke it beckons

I go places I shouldn’t 
And try things that I couldn’t

Nothing but chaos and shame adorn me
Nothing that was like my parents had warned me

Temptations were many and for many I fell
I passed a man and He said “come drink from my well”

My well was dry no sweet by and by
The old rugged cross caught the corner of my eye

All smells rancid and all feelings numb
My life was a pond and floated full of scum

Gazing upward from my knees I plead
Come Lord Jesus you’re all I need

Tears like a river flowed from my well
Exhilaration's made my heart begin to swell

Deep in the depths of my stony heart
Beauty for ashes and a fresh new start

My cup was now filled 
Now my Temple to rebuild

I had it all twisted and my thoughts were all wrong
Hear me roar, this is my Lifesong

Lord, I Lift Your Name on High, You are El Shaddai. You are an Awesome God and you are Mighty To Save Me. I could give You 10, 000 Reasons why I don’t need You, but now I know why I do and I Give You My Heart. 
In Christ Alone I will rise above it all. How Great is Our God you may ask. Let me tell you that my life is a life of color now
Shine Jesus Shine
------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment