Monday, January 9, 2017

A Prima Donna’s Private Libretto

My four-poster of gossamer ever so subtly perfumed beckons me to come forth
A moment stolen to indulge, as feelings of contentment seep into the deep crevices of my soul
My excitement builds like an orchestral overture and consumes me

French doors gently ajar to invite the aroma of a hint of rain forthcoming
I take a moment to indulge in its fragile perfume as my senses are flooded
The wet metallic smell evokes yet a coziness to my room

Silken fabrics so slippery they envelop and caress my every curve
I take a moment just to feel and admire its moire pattern under my fingertips
I feel bathed in the richest of silken decadence by the finest chocolatier

Boudoir adornment of mauve, vintage ivories and fluted candles illuminate a sweet ambiance
Reminiscent of romantic era’s past and times of chivalric knights the atmosphere is nostalgic
My ideal moment heralded by the greatest of daydreams and inner hopes

Alluring smells of climbing jasmine, honeysuckle sweetness, and lemony-rose scented magnolias add a pieces de resistance to my envisage
My inner aria was gaining momentum to hit its crescendo as Fur Elise softly played in the background of my mind
The final curtain is drawn and my fantasy has reached its close
Il est fini.......It is finished
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment