Monday, January 16, 2017

Her Hidden Window

In that secret place of long ago deep in the tiniest corner of my mind dwells a remnant of myself.
Dormant, like a chrysalis frozen in time, or like Snow White waiting to be kissed by her prince with a magical awakening….
there i am….me

What happened, i ponder frequently as i look through and sort lost hopes and dreams, plans and projects that have drifted far from me, lost fantasies that seem to get farther
out from my reach….
there i am ….me

It’s always my fault and you never listen, and when i do it’s still me. in a room filled with people and my smile i fakely adorn….secretly i am screaming in chaos wondering if anyone might hear me.  i walk around in a zombie-like trance preoccupied of this era I am locked in….
i forgot how i looked with my smile…
i forgot the sound of my laugh….
where am i....me

This isn’t the true me but a mere locust shell, I have grown calloused and weary, hardened of heart and I seek for myself daily…although i appear quiet on the outside my heart is quaking on the inside and a little of me dies everyday….like a scavenger bird seeking foul smelling carrion….
have you seen her…
the me i am searching for, has she survived..
i am desperate to find her

where am i
where
am
i
Someone please open the window and let me out
HERE I AM
HERE I AM
HERE
I
AM

ME

No comments:

Post a Comment