Monday, January 2, 2017

It's Rayning Stars: A Mother's Journey to the Moon

I took a trip to the moon, to see if I could find,
record of my love for my children on my mind,

And when I got there it was a beautiful site,
as love was all around and even the birds reflected it in flight,

I climbed a tree to see if I could see,
the record book of love that documented the love between my babies and me,

As I looked around my heart began to sink,
Was I a bad mom??, I began to think,

I climbed every tree and scaled every mountain,
turned over every rock and dove in every fountain.

To no avail and every resource exhausted,
my search grew dim and finally became halted,

I decided to sit a moment and just pray about why a trip to the moon wasted as I just asked the Lord why?
as His answer was so slow, as every minute ticked by.

As my tears began to fall and soon a puddle was there,
it turned into a lake as it flooded down my hair,

The Lord said "my child why are you crying?",
I said "Lord, I just wanted to see proof of my love undying",

He replied very softly and said something so amazing,
love like mine was to be cherished and worth eternally saving,

I did not understand, still I could not find,
anything with a record of my love as to clear my mind,

He said "my child I have reserved a special place,
just for that kind of love as to never be erased",

I saved a spot so rare and so very special,
more precious than diamonds and stronger than any metal,

I still was puzzled as I did not understand,
the One who held the world in the palm of His hand,

He said "let me explain, and  I"ll make it quite clear,
that a love like that is held near my heart so dear",

When I formed the earth and made a mother's heart so rare,
its love would flow deep no matter the circumstances or cares,

No matter what path life takes her kids,
and no matter the choices whether good or bad they did,

A mother's love is so divine,
that books can't contain what could only be mine,

He spoke words so beautiful my heart finally understood,
a feeling so filling it was better than just good,

He said "sweet mother look up and notice those stars,
those are the hearts of others like ours,

You see my dearest I reserved those  up high,
because the unending love of a mother never dies...

They twinkle and shine and give me inspiration,
as the world we live has fell since creation,

To spread my love and cover the world,
so that eternally my heart would be instilled in little girls,

Mother is a term that continues to shine,
with every twinkle there is a heavenly rhyme,

The words that speak say so many things,
but most of all "I love you" is what rings,
So today I answer your question from the start…
I love you to the moon and back and it's what's written on my heart,

None can fathom the love of a mother,
as love like that is like none other",

My journey was over and my tears continued,
for the puddle that was a lake was now a river, soon a deluge,

I was ready to go and carry my gift back down to earth,
My child is soon coming and another star was to be birthed,
Love being passed on, to bless this beautiful earth.






No comments:

Post a Comment