Sunday, January 8, 2017

Gamboge Balladeer (Yellow Singer of Ballads)

Here I sit so tiny and frail
I look upon her frozen trail
Winter has come and I love to sit and ponder
I sit on my lovely branch and wander
All my friends some south they flew
my symphonic noises echo off her frozen dew

“out with the old, and in with the new”

I fluff each quill and regain my stance
tweet my songs and dance my dance
An elegant ballroom in her azure sky do I fly
orchestral reflections echo from nearby

“out with the old, and  in with the new”

My yellowy down has become so plush
I look so chic in her snow covered lush
I await my sweet friend Spring
I have many melodious songs to sing

“out with the old, and in with the new”

I am her ambassador as the earth, she awakens
out of her slumber so long she has taken
Now I shall take flight to her warm skies to soar
Shout “wake up world”! Winter is no more

“out with the old, and in with the new”

No comments:

Post a Comment