Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Mossy Heart, Her Acorn Tears

What's this? My eyes are unleashed,
Upon a beautiful plot absent from the beast.

Dirt so rich and a smell so earthy,
A Divine cathedral as I lay,  am I worthy?
Moss and grass adorn my frontal plain,
As I look up from my supine sublime frame,
I arise and climb,
Shake the rocks from my mind,
As I feel myself rise,
I ascend to the skies,

I have been set free to soar like the eagle,
Such amazing heights as I feel so regal,
Wait a minute! What's that?
I hear a voice and tears that go pit pat,
I glance back down and see my love,
So I pause a moment and hitch a ride on a dove,
This is what I hear as I lend my ear from above:

My darling please know I love you so much and every moment we had was etched in my mind and carved on my heart. My undying love would not ask for you back as I know you are heaven bound and we shall reunite one day. I have savored every kiss we have shared, and filed every hug and touch we have ever had for those times I need to feel you near. Already I replay every shared word and moment. Your touch and every crease of your lips, the taste of your kiss or the body now gone. Please never forget how much you are loved. Look for me one day as I fly away home, I love you! I hope you like your resting place as it is our special oak. We have memories here so I will come visit a lot. Please don't forget me and send me a sign if you can that you really are listening.

It was then at that moment I left the air,
To rush back down and kiss a cheek so fair,
I reached for an acorn and gently blew it into her hand,
I wanted her to know it was a love note from her beloved man,
A reminder to her that although she feel small,
Much like the mighty oak she will have strength to stand tall,
Her roots so deep we remain attached,
Forever together our hearts securely thatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment