Thursday, December 29, 2016

Guise of Disguise (RAP LYRICS)

I'm incognito I'm black and white,
The one who is running in the dark but walks through the light,
The light of the big Man, the one who sees all,
The only one who picks me up when I'm about to quickly fall,
I am just a person and one so misplaced,
As I have mourned through the storms and fell away from loving grace,
My actions and brains have treated me insane,
As so many times my hearts caused me pain,
The mirror cannot reflect the horrors deep inside,
The deep crevices so hurt that a padlock resides,
Hurt so bad to feel such pain,
But put on a smile as not to walk in vain,
Pain mounds a heap but no one looks too deep,
As the guise of my disguise go from my head to my feet,
Like a mime expressing this rhyme,
I throw my hands up, they're keeping no time,
A metronome may tick but the rhythm isn't mine,
I am totally walking to another verse in a whole other time,
A groove of my own, a dotted yellow line,
Am I who I see?
No there's a deeper me,
Many chapters and a story to be told,
The real me is hidden and is to be searched for like gold,
A precious treasure hidden so deep,
The seeker must journey and tears will he reap,
Will they find me amongst the rubble?,
Debris built up from a heart that has experienced trouble?
Heartache and pain have tried to gain their game,
But today Jesus is my claim to fame,
Boppin with a bible and sportin the look, adorning my skin with the fruit of His book,
People will know me by that and then they gonna get hooked,
It's no lie that He came to die,
The greatest act ever to meet ones eye,
A beauty to behold, a cosmic interruption,
A holy change that keeps on eruptin!
As the rain comes down and washes off my dirt,
A whole new me and a new T shirt,
From black and white to color His light opens my eyes,
And from then on I am transformed from my guise to da skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment