Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Stepping Out of Me, Looking at Myself

I wonder as I sit here, is there anybody there? 
Anyone who understands I feel like tearing out my hair?
So many things I feel so deep,
Down in my heart, they were giants I thought I put to sleep,
So today they have awoke and five smooth stones can't even touch their yoke,
All the work and all the plans, and in only a moment evil has taken its stand,
It surrounds my heart and tears at its walls, my fortress once mighty feels as though it quickly falls,
One brick at a time and a crack in the base,
Satan stands back to watch and avoids staring me in my face,
As I look to the left and look to the right,
My head sinks low and I lose all my might, 
I am drowning in tears and my well has run dry,
My knees shake violently and my heart aches and cries,
Is this a dream, or has someone played a joke.....
Today is not real my spiritual license revoked,
Please I beg You rescue me now,
The uncertainty of tomorrow and the doubts of my vows,
I have given my all, been the pillar of strength,
Rescued the hurting and went the whole length,
How much more do you expect of me now?... 
Have I done something wrong?.... What now?..... What now? 
I have cherished my job and my Godly roll,
But my heart feels so trampled and my spirit so low, 
I need help, I am numb, I have a hard time feeling...
The more ugly put on me by others kills my feelings,
The height of my emotion tries to get my flesh going, 
But I fight it in Christ to please Him I am knowing,
My heart sends poems and words to arrange,
They reflect my pain with a power so strange,
No one gets it, it's always me...
But who I am is who I am and you don't have to like me
I change for no one as I was made this way,
The road I am on is a lonely one by day...
By night it's a terror, a pitch black abyss,
Where I sink even farther in my own world of bliss, 
I think many thoughts and create many things,
Because after a while others don't hear a darn thing,
All about them and trivial pursuits,
Like the game of life and no foundation for roots,
What is my mission as I have no disease?,
No OCD, no depression, oh jeez,
If I did would they listen?, or would my gift go by the wayside,
Would anyone listen harder because Jesus was by my side?,
What a wasteland it seems as people play one another on every fleshly scene. Sex and drugs or a quick fix, 
Seems unfair when you speak softly but carry a big stick,
So I choose to do right and live godly and reflect,
A shame when all I do is try to demonstrate respect,
How much more garbage of others do I have to carry?, 
The load is too much and the burden too scary,
I give my all and all I give..... Lord please help me I just want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment